Date(s) - October 17, 2016
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
The Pacific Club
HARRIET B. ALEXSON, ESQ.
Ms. Alexson will address the legal and business considerations for entities and investors who wish to own or invest in financial institutions. She will include a discussion of “cutting-edge” strategic combination between market place lenders, fintech companies and regulated financial services companies in the mortgage finance industry. Ms. Alexson will also spend a portion of the presentation on final Consumer Financial Protection Bureau rules and the impact of such rules on real estate finance.
Ms. Alexson is a partner at AlexsonLaw in Orange County, California representing clients in all aspects of:
- Business counsel and documentation
- Property acquisition
- Regulatory Banking and FINTECH
- Loan documentation
Areas of Financial Services Expertise
Ms. Alexson has comprehensive knowledge of corporate, real estate, and commercial law and banking.
- Corporate transactions
- Commercial financing transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Finance and private equity for the financial services and real estate industries
- Marketplace Lending
- D., University of Southern California Law Center, 1983
- A., B.S. Boston University
Professional experience and memberships:
- Admitted to practice of law in California, 1983
- Adjunct Professor, Western State University College of Law, 1992 – 1993
- Taught commercial law and real estate transactions
Orange County Bar Association Banking and Lending Section Chair in 2013
American Bar Association-Business Section-Real Estate Finance Sub-committee
California Mortgage Bankers Assoc.-Legal Services and Commercial Real Estate Committees.
Ms. Alexson is a former partner with the international law firm of Loeb & Loeb. She also practiced at Buchalter Nemer. Currently, she serves as an expert witness in cases related to commercial and real estate lending.
Ms. Alexson enjoys Pilates, hiking and cooking gluten-free food.